You have the right to take charge of your care. As an Independent @ Home Program Community Member, the choice is yours.
- Recruit and interview members of your community
- Hire family or friends who you’re comfortable with
- Train Personal Assistants to meet your unique needs
- Schedule personal care during times that work for you
The Independent @ Home Program offers the support and tools that you need to have the freedom of self-directed care. As a Community Member, you are given the opportunity to:
- Take an active, responsible role in planning your care.
- Independently recruit, interview, hire, train, supervise, schedule and, if needed, dismiss Personal Assistants of your choice.
- Hire as many Personal Assistants as you deem necessary to accommodate your lifestyle within the hours authorized by the MCO.
- Act as an employer; each Community Member will develop a working relationship with their Personal Assistants without intrusion.
- Have the option of using Independent @ Home Program’s online Personal Assistant Portal to locate individuals in your area looking to become a Personal Assistant.
Please feel free to contact the Independent @ Home Program with any questions or concerns you have by phone at 800.234.2211 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org